Helping Macmillan Learning connect with their customers and transform their experience by implementing Salesforce Service Cloud
Macmillan Learning (ML) develop world class content and provide pioneering and interactive teaching tools. ML facilitate teaching and learning opportunities partnering with educators and institutions to enable the learner to achieve more and to improve their individual outcomes.
With the merger of Macmillan Higher Education and Macmillan New Ventures to form ML there was a requirement to replace five separate Desk.com instances with one instance of Salesforce Service Cloud. The aim was to implement a common ticketing and escalation process and create a truly multi-channel (utilising phone, email, chat and web) interactive platform.
The drivers for ML were to simplify and unify workflows and to decommission the multiple instances of Desk.com and consolidate on to a common platform, Salesforce Service Cloud. Customer data was in silos, the status reporting was weak hindering effective agent and SLA management, the analytics capabilities were limited necessitating data exports and manipulation in excel and the integration with CRM was inadequate limiting sales effectiveness in managing support issues and customer relationships.
After a successful Sales Cloud implementation for ML, Ribbonfish were selected to rollout Service Cloud to the Customer Service Team to provide a 360-degree view of the customer.
Ribbonfish were engaged to implement Salesforce Service Cloud replacing the five legacy systems in situ.
Key elements of the solution were:
- The ability to link customers to a single account and gain customer intelligence.
- Real time reporting and analytics
- Measurement of SLAs for customer contracts
- Vendor contracts and internal measurements KPIs
- Live Agent to answer customer enquiries in real time whilst capturing the enquiry.
- Knowledge base for public facing FAQs via web pages
- Knowledge users to have full control of publishing content on FAQ pages
- Support for different article formats (text, graphic, video)
- Articles to be rated, enabling prioritisation of FAQs
- Archiving and business insight in to historical data
- Connector for Salesforce and JIRA (two way)
- Links from relevant product sites
- Customer contact forms
Ribbonfish provided ML with a system built on the Salesforce Service Cloud platform developed to meet the requirements and enabling the decommissioning of the existing duplicate applications. Customer Service processes have been unified and simplified, they have a 360-degree view of the customer and can manage cases more effectively enabling categorisations and service level management. Customer insights are made possible by real time customised reporting and dashboards.
Enquire about your project
Get in touch for a no obligations chat about your requirements
Browse our collection of freely downloadable white paper guides, featuring marketing tips for publishers and authors, advice about publishing technologies, and much more.